Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Random Photographs #8

Well hello there! It has been a while since my last random photo post! School and the holiday season has kept me busy. That and I was letting my geeky side eat up a lot of my free time. Any who!  Random Photos #8: Truly Random Edition!




50mm
f/4.5
1/2500 sec
200 ISO



This photo was going to be used with another photo for my second attempt at layering. However, I ran out of time to take the photos and the sun completely set. So, instead of a neat layered shot (which I'm planning on doing again soon), I just have a regular sunset shot. Sunsets are still my favorite time of day, for both taking pictures of and during. This was taken through my bedroom window (I have a room on the second floor, looking West, so I always get a good look at the sunset).


50mm
f/2.8
1/1250 sec
200 ISO


Yes, a fire hydrant. This was taken while I was in Tampa, in October. Some people have asked why I take pictures of random and every day objects. Besides my hope to find the exciting in the mundane, it is also a good way of practicing proper focusing and subject alignment techniques. After working on those techniques, then you work on your editing skills (I tend to say "skills" in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice). Even though you most likely will not use every photo you take in portfolios or on websites, it is still useful to edit the "un-salvageable" photos, just for the practice.


And there you have it! Random photographs #8! I hope you enjoyed them!


JFM

No comments:

Post a Comment